To me, there is honestly nothing better then a big stack of delicious pancakes with a side of coffee (duh) on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Or any day of the week. Whats even better is when there healthy, filling, satisfying AND delicious, guilt free and super nutritious. Also, my family and boyfriend love them as well so you know there delicious.
These pancakes are super quick and easy to whip up which is why I love them because when I’m hungry I want my food ASAP. Who has time to spend hours preparing breakfast in the morning? My stomach sure does not.
Makes about 10-12 pancakes depending on the size
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons white or brown sugar
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups non-dairy milk (such as almond or cashew milk)
1 small mashed* banana
Coconut oil for cooking the pancakes
1. In a big mixing bowl. whisk together the dry ingredients, so the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl or plate, or whatever else works, mash up the banana (if its still kinda chunky thats fine)
3. In the bowl with the dry ingredients, make a crate in the middle, and pour in the almond milk and mashed banana. Stir this altogether until there is no more dry flour kickin around. Don’t over-mix though or your pancakes will be tough!
4. Heat up your pan or griddle to about medium heat, lightly grease with the coconut oil and pour the pancake batter in! Cook one side of the pancake for about 2 minutes or until you can see bubbles (means your pancakes are cooked through). Flip until both sides are golden brown.
5. DIG IN AND ENJOY 🙂 . Can top with natural maple syrup, peanut butter, or some berries.