Raise your hand if you LOVE banana bread? I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who doesn’t. Personally its one of my favourites and I could literally down a whole loaf and then feel bloated and gross and go nap for 4 hours. THIS recipe however will change your life because you don’t have to feel guilty for having more then 1 slice. It literally only has 5 ingredients, it does not have any flour so its gluten friendly, and did I mention its delicious? I hate the word moist so much but thats the only way I can describe it. Its so MOIST.
You’d think without the flour and sugar it would taste like a pile of shit but its honestly better then any other recipe I’ve tried (not to toot my own horn or anything). I think its all the bananas and maple syrup for sweetener that make it so damn good. Definitely going to be making it again and again. It was a huge smash with my brother and my boyfriend and whoever came over and stole a big chunk without telling me… *cough* grandma *cough*
Anyways like I said its only 5 ingredients, takes less then 10 minutes to whip up and about 25-30 minutes in the oven. I’m super duper excited to share this recipe with you guys because WOW is it tasty. I ate it for breakfast lunch and supper the day I made it :). Once you try it, you’ll be telling the whole damn world about it. So here is the wonderful recipe!
Prep time: about 5-10 minutes, depending on how shitty your blender is (mines crap)
Bake time: 25-30 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda (or 2-3 tsp of baking powder)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Optional: choc. chips (highly recommend, I use dark chocolate chips or dairy free ones)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slightly grease your 9 x 5 inch loaf pan if needed.
- All you do is literally combine all the ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips, into a blender. If your blender sucks like mine… I mixed everything in a big bowl prior to blending and mashed the bananas a bit. But if you have a bomb blender then you won’t need to do this.
- After all its all mixed up in the blender, add the chocolate chips and stir them in.
- Pour into a loaf pan and add in a few slices of banana and chocolate chips for topping. Then toss er in the oven for about 25-30 minutes!
- ENJOY! 🙂
Seriously such an amazing recipe I’m so obsessed with it. You can play around with the recipe, add peanut butter, maybe some cinnamon, whatever floats your boat. Try not to eat the whole loaf right off the hop but I mean… it happens.
Let me know what you think!