Good morning lovelies, and happy Friday!
Currently sipping on my Mushroom Coffee Mix as we speak, trying to wake myself up for the day and I just had to share all about it with you.
I am totally, kicking myself in the butt for not making this purchase and trying out this magical product before.
But here we are now, and I am totally addicted to Four Sigmatic’s Mushroom Coffee after drinking it everyday for the past two weeks.
I just ordered more, hallelujah.
I was going to wait a bit longer to write a blog post about it but I am honestly so in love and excited about this coffee that I couldn’t wait to share it with you guys and talk more about the benefits.
If you know me or follow me on Instagram, Twitter, or like my Facebook blog page you will quickly find out two things about me.
- I love coffee
- I love all things wellness and nutrition related.
So obviously I had to try out this coffee product that had proven health benefits. Its like a win-win situation in my books. Two of my favorite things in one!
I have been hearing about Four Sigmatic for a while now on The Skinny Confidential: His and Hers Podcast so thank you to them for sharing about their experience with Four Sigmatic and encouraging me to try some out myself.
BEFORE you stop reading and say ew what the hell, mushroom flavoured coffee? Thats disgusting!
Don’t judge before you try!
I promise you it does not taste ANYTHING like mushrooms at all. Like you would never know if the product didn’t tell you it was made from mushrooms.
To me, it tastes like normal coffee that I would drink everyday, just added health benefits.
For those of you who don’t really know much about Four Sigmatic I will give you some background info so you know whats up! I knew you were curious.
Four Sigmatic is a fairly new thing, like started making drinking mushrooms a thing in 2012.
The guys who created Four Sigmatic are born in the country with the worlds highest coffee consumption and they took brewing mushroom tea (I guess that was the thing to be doing there) and transformed it into brewing mushroom coffee.
They took the fact that mushrooms and adaptogens are some of the worlds most nutritious foods to put in our bodies, so why not turn something super healthy into something people drink every single day…. COFFEE! (duh).
It doesn’t stop there though, they knew that some people don’t drink coffee everyday (those people are psychos….. jk, kinda), and created Hot Cacao Mixes, Lattes, Matcha Drink Mix if you prefer those so you can get benefits of mushrooms too.
I personally just ordered the Golden Latte Mix and I am SO excited. Lattes are my jam.
They make all of there beverages taste amazing though, does not taste like a weird liquid mushroom mix (barf). Mushrooms are amazing but they have such a bad rep because of the way they look, grow and sometimes taste/smell. But the health benefits are incredible.
Four sigmatic tests the mushroom products like theres no tomorrow.
They are tested in a third party lab for things like heavy metals, bacteria, molds, yeasts, mycotoxins, pesticides, irradiation and more. So you can feel extra good about the product.
The background of the name “Four Sigmatic” is super creative and neat too:
- So when you compared how nutrient dense all foods are in the world, some obviously are horrible, some are decent and a few of them are just amazing.
- When you put these foods on a scale they are ranked from average to good to bad. The further you get from your “average” food, the more rare it is, and the more sigmas you have for that food.
- Only 50 foods in the world are qualified as “Four Sigmatic” which is like top notch nutrient profiles of foods.
…. can you guess one of the foods, (wink, wink)
I bet your thinking okay Raquel we GET it, it doesn’t taste anything like mushrooms, it tastes like normal, delicious, heavenly coffee, but how would this benefit me?
Lemme tell ya!
Four Sigmatic’s main mushroom is the Chaga mushroom okay, so Chaga mushrooms are an insanely nutrient dense food as we talked about earlier. They have been known for:
- Having a wide variety of vitamins and minerals making it a nutrition powerhouse. Chaga mushrooms contain: B-Complex vitamins, Vitamin D, Potassium, Amino Acids (building blocks for protein), fiber, Selenium, Copper, Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Zinc and more.
- Antioxidant rich which slows oxidative stress in your body and slows down the aging process (Sagging skin, wrinkles, grey hair).
- Supports a healthy immune system: You ever hear of cytokines? They are the immune systems chemical messengers and are proteins that stimulate white blood cells which are the immune systems first line of defense in fighting off illness. Some research shows that Chaga mushrooms may regulate the production of cytokines by helping the cells communicate with eachother
- Fights Inflammation
- Lowers blood sugar and cholesterol
- Prevent and fight cancer
So when your lounging in your pjs, sipping on your mushroom coffee waiting for a breakfast delivery, you are getting in so much nutrients right off the hop.
I don’t know about you but if I can drink coffee and be a healthy ray of sunshine.. count me in.
I can honestly tell you guys that for the past couple weeks of me drinking Four Sigmatic, I only need one cup and I feel alert, energized and just overall really good. No joke, been only needing one cup.
And I’m the type of girl who needs like 3 cups before I turn into a normal human again.
Honestly I just love the taste too. DOES NOT taste like mushrooms once again, for all you stubborn people out there. Just trust me, I am picky about my coffee.
Before you go and enjoy your lovely Friday, if you try some out let me know what kind you got and what your thoughts are.
There are so many kinds that I want to try out, so far I have tried the normal mushroom coffee mix, and my latte mix is on the way!
Have an awesome day friends, go drink some coffee.