You could say I woke up with a little bit of a sweet tooth this morning…
And a big appetite.
Hence the whole peanut butter, chocolate, banana oatmeal bake I whipped up this morning and DAMN it is too good not to share on the blog for you guys.
Just felt like a smoothie, avocado toast, or my regular oatmeal bowl just wasn’t going to satisfy me this morning.
I try to eat what I crave because it establishes a healthy relationship with myself, food and my body.
So yeah I needed a little extra somethin’, somethin’ this sunny Thursday morning.
This oatmeal bake makes quite a big batch so its perfect for meal prepping throughout the week and don’t have time to make a decent breakfast.
You can whip this up, portion it in containers, throw it in the fridge and your good to go!
Definitely makes enough for 5-6 days.
Unless your boyfriend, brother, sister, mom or dad steals some which may happen since its SO. FREAKIN. DELICIOUS.
It’s quite a healthy recipe as well. Theres bananas, oats, peanut butter, almond milk with some chocolately sweetness to fuel your day and feed that shining soul.
Perfect for a lazy sunday morning, or saturday, or thursday, or everyday of the week really.
Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Banana Baked Oatmeal
Prep time: about 10 mins (20 in my case if you have to run to the store cause you ran out of oats)
Cook time: 45 mins
Total: 55-60 mins
Serves: 5-6 depending on how big your bowl is
- 2 ripe, mashed bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (yeah I used kraft PB with the added sugar, didn’t have any natural pb in the house)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp peanut butter for the drizzly topping (drool)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mash the banana well until theres no big chunks, then place in a large mixing bowl
- Add in the egg, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and cocoa powder. Whisk, whisk, whisk away until everything is fairly smooth and well combined. Small chunks of banana are fine.
- Add in your milk and stir that in until it is well combined. Then add in the rolled oats and stir your heart out until well combined
- Coat your casserole dish with non-stick spray and then pour the oat mixture in. Drizzle the remaining 2 tbsp of peanut butter all over the top. If you have to melt it a bit in the microwave to make it drizzle nicer then by all means. You can get creative and make swirls in the peanut butter with a knife.
- Bake the oats in the oven for about 45 minutes. Serve warm or refrigerate for later.
- VOILA! Stuff your face.
I poured a bit of almond milk over top of mine after it was all warm and gooey. Added a nice touch.
Tell your friends about this recipe because they will need it in their lives.
Share, share, share.
You guys are the best! Thanks for reading another one of my recipes.
Let me know if you try it out, send me pictures or tag me in your posts on social media.
Enjoy your Thursday lovelies.